• 1 cup flour
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger slices
- Whisk together the first five ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Make a small hole in the flour mixture and pour the syrup and water into it. Mix a few times more, then add the chopped ginger and stir until everything is well blended. It’s OK if there are some flour splatters. Avoid overmixing the ingredients.
- In a large frying pan over low heat, melt the butter. Using nonstick cooking spray, coat the inside of the pan. Pour in 1/4 cup of the pancake batter once the pan is hot. Allow to cook until bubbles appear, then flip and coat the top of the pancake with nonstick cooking spray. Allow to fry until golden brown and well done.
- Add the remaining pancake batter to the pan and repeat the process. About seven medium pancakes will be made using this recipe.
- Serve warm with a dollop of vegan butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a sprinkling of chopped candied ginger.