• 1 large onion, diced
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 cup flour
• 2 cups water
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 can of fried onions, or make your own
• 2 bags frozen green beans (10 ounces each)
- Preheat the oven to 350-360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a shallow pan, heat the olive oil. While the onions soften and turn translucent, add the onion and stir occasionally. This will take around 20 minutes; don’t rush it because it is so flavorful! When the onion is soft and tender, stir in the flour and cook it thoroughly. It will be a dry concoction—season with a pinch of salt and a bit of garlic powder. Fill the container halfway with water. Allow the sauce to thicken for a few minutes by boiling it. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Toss green beans with 2/3 of a can of onions in a square baking dish. Stir in all of the gravy until everything is thoroughly combined. Cook for 30 minutes in the oven until the gravy mixture is bubbling. Cook for another 5-10 minutes on top of the remaining fried onions. Serve right away!