• 1 big-sized russet potato, peeled and cubed
• 1 cup carrot, diced
• 1/2 yellow onion, diced
• 2 cups water
• 1/2 cup Earth Balance spread
• 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons coconut milk
• 1 box gluten-free pasta or normal elbows.
• Parsley for garnish
Cheese Sauce (Preparation)
- In a saucepan, combine the potato, carrot, and onion, cover with 2 cups of water, and cook for 15-20 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove from heat after 20 minutes and stir in Earth Balance spread, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt. Combine all ingredients in your favorite mixing bowl and stir until completely melted.
- Pour the contents into a blender and process on medium for about a minute, or until creamy and smooth. For everything to get mixed, you may need to scrape the sides of the mixer down a couple of times.
- Pour in the coconut milk and continue stirring until the mixture is creamy all the way through.
- For the time being, leave it in the mixer.
Pasta is a type of pasta that is common.
- Prepare the pasta as usual.
- To stop the pasta from cooking, strain it and rinse it in cold water. Then, return the pan to the stovetop.
- Reduce the heat to a low setting and pour the cheese sauce over the noodles.
- Toss in the black pepper and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place it on a serving platter.
- Add parsley as a finishing touch.