• 1 whole wheat pizza crust
• 2 medium sweet potatoes
• 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons plain almond milk
• 1 tablespoon vegan butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 cup red onion, diced
• 1 clove of garlic, diced
• 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1/2 cup celery, diced
• 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1/2 block of extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
• 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
• 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1.Preheat the oven to 435 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Microwave the sweet potato until it is done.
3. Remove the potato from the microwave and peel off the skin before discarding it. You can also leave the skin on (which I haven’t tried but thought would be delicious).
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato, almond milk, vegan butter, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper with a hand mixer on low-medium speed.
5. Spread the mashed potato mixture evenly over the pizza dough, stopping 1/2 inch from the edges.
6. In a skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
7. Stir in the remaining salt and pepper, as well as the red onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper.
8. Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until the celery softens. Stir the mixture frequently.
9. Crumble the tofu and add it to the skillet in small pieces.
10. Add the turmeric and mix well.
11. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, with the tofu and vegetables.
12. Add the spinach leaves and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the leaves wilt.
13. Pour the tofu mixture over the pizza and evenly distribute it.
14. Brush the olive oil around the edges of the pizza crust.
15. Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes in the oven.
16. Take it out of the oven, slice it up, and serve it while it’s still warm.